Friday, July 23, 2010

The Trouble with Having No Sense of Direction...

I am infamous in my family for having absolutely no sense of direction. I blame this on my mother, who ended up in Vermont on our way to Maine one year. Despite the many mishaps I have had regarding transportation and travel in general (I missed the train stop coming home for a vacation, I thought the odometer counted down...I don't want to talk about it)* I have adamantly denied this blasphemous claim for years. Today, however, during my long run, I definitely had some issues. What was supposed to be a 10-miler (got up at 6 am to complete it before work) turned into a 14-miler when I missed one of the turns. It wasn't marked. It's clearly the fault of the state of Massachusetts. The route I was supposed to follow is the first map below, and the route I actually took is the second one.



*About the whole thinking that the odometer counts down episode, I can only defend myself by saying that it is the fault of all those people who walk around so proud of their cars with 200,000+ miles on them. How was I supposed to know they were just proud that the car was still going, and not that they had 200,000+ miles left to drive until the car imploded.

1 comment:

  1. hahahahaha. turn wasn't marked? It looks like you invented a turn after 3 miles! We still love you xx

    ReplyDelete