Friday, July 16, 2010

Heading to Camp Jabberwocky!

Hello all! Today after my 9am (done and went swimmingly) and 11:30am tours I am heading to Martha's Vineyard to Camp Jabberwocky, where I have volunteered for the past 2 years. Jabberwocky is a camp for people with disabilities, ranging from Down Syndrome to cerebral palsy, and is fully non-profit, staffed by volunteers. You can check out our blog at http://campjabberwocky.org! Below is a picture of me last year with one of my favorite campers, Scott!



If you are on the Vineyard this weekend, please go see Camp Jabberwocky's production of the musical "Fame!" This Friday & Saturday night at 7:30pm at camp, which is located at 200 Greenwood Ave, VH! It's free to everyone!

Also - last night had my 15 seconds of glory, as Justin Long (the Mac guy, who has also been in choice movies such as Accepted) spoke with me and had his arm around me while we failed to take a picture. I feel pretty great about that today. Just had to share.
Enjoy your weekends! Just think about me running my 10-mile long run for this week while you are lounging beside the pool...

No comments:

Post a Comment